Monday, June 8, 2009

The 3 W's .... Pedophile Alert!


"Some 89,000 children in the U.S. were Sexually Abused in 2002, according to one study.
Statistics indicate that the majority of women who have been raped know their assailant. A 1998 National Violence Against Women Survey revealed that among those women who reported being raped, 76% were victimized by a current or former husband, live-in partner, or date (Tjaden and Thoennes, 1998). Also, a Bureau of Justice Statistics study found that nearly 9 out of 10 rape or sexual assault victimizations involved a single offender with whom the victim had a prior relationship as a family member, intimate, or acquaintance (Greenfeld, 1997).



Please read "Abnormal Attraction" - page 76 of June 2009 Scientific  American Mind. The reason I am fascinated by this issue is because a middle aged guy followed me, the other day. For 1/2 hours I was so scared that I was going to be caught and... I was supposed to meet my Mommy at the gym, early in the evening, to go for a walk and buy groceries. Instead, I ran from the park to an Indian restaurant, where I finally managed to escape. I wonder if he lives in this neighborhood? He must have seen me playing with my friends. I hope I never see his ugly face, again!

I am posting this picture of another guy, of one of two males who came into our building, looked around, and then left. The other day, right after I woke up, I decided to go to the living-room to look outside. That is when I saw a fat, older guy, with a tattoo on his arm, and an earring. I ran back to my bedroom, grabbed my camera, and took a photo of him to show my Mommy.  She was impressed that I managed to take a picture of one more strange guy that just happens to be mysteriously showing up. My Mommy told me, " I am so proud of you". 

There's another known pedophile, living nearby. He travels around in a wheelchair, but he can really walk. I know this because our single Mother friend told us, after her son was sexually abused in a washroom by him, at the age of 4! The police were called, but nothing ever happened with the case. Since then, the kid, who its now 6, has been abused a few more times, by different men. Strange how you never hear or read about women being sexual deviants? Maybe they are too busy being raped. 

My Mommy said, " It's what I wasn't told that hurt me. Not what I was told!" Everybody should talk to their children and warn them about pedophiles. Who knows? Almost always, its someone that you know... I'll call my study: The 3 W's - Watching, Waiting, and Wanting! 
Don't wait. Talk to your children, NOW. Before it's too late ....


T.H.H.L.




No comments:

Post a Comment